How it works:
Organize your team of 3 engineering undergraduate students and a faculty advisor. Sign up for the Fall (October) contest program or the Winter (January) program.
Click here to register!
Following your registration your team will receive the contest rules and problem statement. You will have 8 weeks to develop your solution. Finalists will be announced in the Spring of 2014 and must be able to attend the IIE Annual Conference and Expo, May 31-June 3, 2014 at the Palais des Congres de Montreal – Montreal Canada.
General rules and guidelines:
- Teams of three undergraduate students (plus an advisor) are given eight weeks to develop their solutions.
- Three finalist teams are selected to present their solutions for final judging at the IIE Annual Conference and Expo.
- Each finalist team will receive $1,250 for travel expenses to the finals, plus free conference registration, complimentary tickets for the Honors & Awards Banquet and a framed certificate.
- Winners are announced at the honors and awards ceremony.
- To broaden contest participation, we will administer two 8-week contest sessions during this academic year.
- A Fall session will take place from October 2013 – December 2013.
- The contest will also run during a Winter session from January 2014 – March 2014.
- Teams can sign up to compete in the Fall session or Winter session.
- All submissions from the Fall and Winter sessions will be judged together in Spring 2014.